so who's had this happen.... you briefly meet someone, or work 1 hour or less on a group project, or even just make eye contact with someone in a hallway, and later on they want to 'Friend' you on Facebook or some other social networking site?
as you might have guessed, it's happened to me. several times. people that I know absolutely nothing about (or in some cases I wish I knew even less about them) are 'friending' me on Facebook. what has caused the utter destruction of society that allows relative strangers to 'friend' you in cyberspace, when beyond the internet community you've never had a real conversation? or what if you do happen to know them quite well, and would rather not associate anymore, now or ever. What are the rules on social etiquette then? what if I don't want to be friends with someone I truthfully don't like? is there now no alternative to get away?
Any thoughts?
3 comments:
I have honestly ignored a friend request from a few people I don't want to be friends with. I don't want them to contact me, I don't want them to have my info, and I just don't care if it bothers them. I don't write a nasty comment or anything, but I ignore the request.
Good luck. I don't know if there is etiquette for it, but there will probably be someone writing a book about it soon!
I say get rid of facebook. That is just my opinion, PLEASE DO NOT be offended by it. I'm with Lindsey, just ignore them.
you know I have thought about getting rid of FaceBook many many times. if it weren't for mostly mission buddies I have no other contact with I probably would. thanks for the opinion though.
Post a Comment