Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And then there were two...

Okay, just a warning, this could spawn quickly into a "work rant".
The bank where I work has become increasingly difficult in the last few days. as per employees we have a manager & assistant manager, a sales & service associate, 6 bankers, and 7 tellers. of those 16 individuals, 3 are in the midst of their two week notice. An additional banker is about to leave to become a financial adviser. And when all 4 of those people are replaced,  there will only be 2 people who have been positioned at this branch longer than me. and tomorrow I will have only been here 1 year!

what causes that kind of turnover in a workplace? apathy is running wild and it's beginning to show to our customers. I've long been frustrated with my job but am not in a position to move on to bigger and better things. Most everyone has told me I need to 'be grateful to have a job'. I get that, but it hardly changes the situation.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sorry, but I have nothing huge to say. Just do your best. Keep excelling within your sphere of influence. Put on a happy face and be a good example for the rest. You really can't afford to leave, so you might as well be in a good mood while you're there. :p

PS--I don't understand your title... TWO what?!

Realtor said...

of the 16 employees, all but 2 have come in after me. I'm the veteran.

the 'original' branch members have been whittled down to the assistant branch manager and SSA.

April Hardy said...

We ALL have jobs we dont like at one point or another in our lives. It's one of those things where you have to grin and bear it and just do your time. By going back to school you are taking another step to insure you aren't at that job the rest of your life.