Tuesday, January 6, 2009

church: A new time, a new calling...

Our ward FINALLY transitioned to a more functional time for us. I dunno bout you but 8:30 AM is WAY too early to be in sacrament meeting. through a marvelous change the Harris ward now meets at 10:30. ahhh, much better. we may have only had to suffer a short 2 months but hey, it feels ALOT longer when you're severely sleep deprived.
must've done something (right? or wrong?) in the new ward though; they've already got a calling in mind for me. "sunday school teacher" for the teens, ages 16 & 17. oh. my. gosh. Not knowing what to think I accepted and will start sometime in the next two sundays. hope the kids aren't too ... Teen-age-ery for me. yikes. I'm surprizingly excited though, it'll be interesting that's for sure.
Staci had somewhat mixed feelings as well. of course she's happy for me to have a calling so soon but obviously wouldn't want to be in sunday school alone. she was invited by the bishopric to attend my classes but doesn't feel it'd be appropriate. I still don't know why - I need the help!
(personally I thought they could have called us together yet for who-knows-what-reason they didn't.) - any thoughts?

4 comments:

Christy said...

because something bigger and better is coming for her! I think she should go with you too... I mean really, is gospel doctrine that much better with your spouse? Nah, gospel doctrine will always be gospel doctrine.
Good luck on your calling!

Lindsey said...

I can see why she might want to be with you in Gospel Doctrine--it can get intimidating in there! And I don't think it's "inappropriate" for her to come to your class. She could help you explain things if you feel like you can't, or she'll help you fix any mistakes.

Ultimately she needs to do what is best for her in acclimating to a new ward. I do agree with Christy though--I'm sure Staci will get called to something soon too!

Lynaya said...

The lessons you will teach will be the same lessons that they will have in Gospel Doctrine. So it really depends on who Staci wants to get to now, the adults or the almost adults. I'm sure it would be nice to have Staci's help. I think Staci will get a great calling that she will love.

Lexa said...

I would go in and help Mark teach his teens. I think it helps, because usually the teens won't respond, so at least I could bring up points and get some talking. If the bishopric invited her to join you, I would think that's almost a calling right there. Have fun!