Sunday, October 11, 2009

running out of patience

I just noticed on my own blog that I haven't updated it in 4 days short of a month. here it is Oct. 11th and what's happened since Sept. 15? ... almost nothing

I'm about to scream.

2 months ago today Staci and I finished up our final day of work, packed our bags and said 'see ya later Arizona', heading for the big D in Texas. we've been here now just short of 2 months staying with Staci's parents (who we are extremely grateful to, btw). We need our own place. we miss our stuff. we miss both having a job. Staci misses having a reason to get up in the morning other than to help me get ready for work. but most of all, we miss the normalcy of adult life.

Staci's doing all she can to find a job right now; she's part of the 50%+ of recent grads who can't find a job. even temp agencies and others aren't returning phone calls. we're both so discouraged we don't find happiness in so many things we used to. in the mean time we're chuggin' along, seemingly always waiting for payday, with the hope that the phone calls she's getting aren't just telemarketers.

sorry for the sad sad post. life is good, just a little rough sometimes.

3 comments:

Lexa said...

If things continued to go smooth in your married life, you wouldn't know what hit you when a real tragedy struck, so think of it as the ups and downs to prepare you for the major things in life. We were both unemployed with 2 car payments, 10,000 in credit cards when I found out we were pregnant with Katrina. Not to give you the big sister lecture but you have to stay positive that you at least have a job.

Lindsey said...

(I'm adding to Lexa's "big sister lecture" here!)

I have come to believe that one of the hardest things in this life is WAITING. Waiting for important things to happen, waiting for life to continue, waiting for trials to stop, etc. It's also difficult to continue living while you're waiting, trying to be happy during the process. But it is a decision, to choose to be happy NOW instead of saying "I'll be happy again when ________ happens." It's honestly a liberating, peaceful thing to think, "No, I'll just choose to be content now. I'm not going to postpone my happiness until something happens because I don't know when it will. I choose to move on and make the best of my life NOW."

I'm just learning this, but I have received a lot of peace in knowing that I'm doing the best I can and making my own happiness even though I'm also waiting (for Malcom to get a better job, to finally buy a house, to have another baby, etc.). Hang in there. You're always in our prayers.

Lynaya said...

The only thing I have to add to Lexa and Lindsey, is that if you pay your tithing (and I'm sure you are) your NEEDS will be met. I hope and pray that Staci will soon find a job. Ky and I lived with my parents for two months (we had three kids at the time), so I know how nice it would be to have your own place. If all else fails, try to keep smiling, Staci will love it.